Although 2014 didn’t always feel great, I actually did quite a lot.
- Ran my first (and to-date, only) marathon.
- Took up cyclocross and came 3rd in the summer league.
- Learnt to snowboard, resulting in my only unplanned trip to hospital.
- Cut all my hair off.
- Beat my 5k and 10k times from 2013.
- Ran 1,099.4km.
- Cycled 7,293.6 km, including a week across Germany and the Netherlands on my own.
- Went to see the Giro d’Italia in Northern Ireland and the Tour de France in Yorkshire.
- Watched my brother, the Iron Lamb, take part in Ironman Austria, where he achieved his sub-11 hour goal.
- Took part in my first triathlon.
- I also met Chris Hoy. I may not have mentioned that to everyone I know. Here is a photo of me and the Hoy as proof:
Every year I make resolutions, with varying levels of success. Here are some for 2015:
- Achieve the following running goals:
- 5k: sub 25mins
- 10k: sub 50mins
- Half marathon: sub 2hrs
- Do at least 20 parkruns, ideally seeing an improvement over the year.
- Compete in at least 3 triathlons.
- Keep all 10 toenails intact.
- More cycle touring! More adventures!
- Try something new – maybe orienteering?
- After totally nailing quite a few moves in swing dancing last year (I’m now quite happy with my swingout) I want to go social dancing more and then not be shy when I get there!
- Be bold, be brave!